Sunday 1 November 2009

Sunday morning Selectism.

George Caleb Bingham, Shooting for Beef, 1850

Also, introducing, the Uniqlo Patchwork Flannel Check Shirt:


And Liberal Arts students all over quickly turn to run to their nearest Uniqlo, then are saddened when they realize that they're in the middle of fucking nowhere. No really though. In all seriousness. I'm sort of creaming myself right now. But at the same time.. is it ugly or is it cool? It's certainly indulgent. However, if I were a dude, or my ex boyfriend (who I guess would also constitute as a dude but I am singling him out because I'm using his wardrobe as an example in my mind despite the fact that a lot of people have no idea what his wardrobe entails and to tell you the truth I probably don't either anymore but whatever), I would definitely rock the purple/yellow combo (or even this less conspicuous version), because it's gaudy as fuck, but there's something about it that's just really fucking understated and cool, which probably wouldn't be the case if it were made by anyone other than Uniqlo because Uniqlo is the shit. That being said, I've pretty much been consumed by the realm of neutral, unobtrusive colors and don't think I could rock something that loud. I'll probably get one though, of a more subtle palette. I do think they're cool shirts, as long as USED PROPERLY. You hear me. Okay that's how I feel about the shirts.

No comments: