Sunday 21 June 2009

Our last summer as independents

3/17/08
He's asleep with his mouth open. I know if he were awake we'd look at the houses on the water and he would suggest that perhaps we live in one one day, with a row boat. I love him so incredibly much.

Finally unpacking all one's personal items a year after a big move, can be much more emotionally overwhelming than I initially thought. There's just so much that I forgot about, and so much that just reeks of that relationship. Like it was all packed away, and then everything collapsed very suddenly, and then I was kind of glad it was gone. And now I'm sitting here sorting through mix cds and writing samples and love notes and photographs and all kinds of hideous mementos of shitty love that fell apart. Seeing it all, in front of you, kind of fucking sucks.

No comments: