Tuesday 16 June 2009

"more complex than a sequel"

Today I woke up at nine, ate some smelly cheese and coffee, found a job, bought a tuna sandwich at a gas station, went to the Post Office, went to Baltimore, watched Suzanna's cable television, ate a burrito, bought some weed, swam with my dogs in the pool, did my laundry, watched the season finale of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, assembled a terrifying shelf tower for my parents' (alphabetized, great going) entire cd collection for $12 an hour, and tomorrow morning I start work at 7.

Also, sounds like J.D. Salinger's in great shape.

Also, if you're really that miserably bored, here's a pretty interesting essay/review, if you're into that sort of thing. I honestly haven't come across Salinger in a long long time, but I feel pretty good about dedicating so much of this post to him; it's refreshing to read a critique of his writing, which is, as I now recall, fairly refreshing itself, in style and essence. Hm. Anyway.

No comments: