Saturday 28 February 2009

Let there be songs to fill the air

So my friend Ben is taking next year off and moving to Savannah, GA. I'm supremely jealous in an inkling of ways. But it's like, I'm just happy that someone is doing it, even if I can't. Can't I, though? Nah.

Events are beginning to blur. What did I do last night? Hold on, I need a second to remember; honestly, I'm turning into a grandmother. Okay, so a whole bunch of us went to watch a play, and then we ate Pancakes. We went to Tesco for the ingredients. I almost set Shaun's microwave on fire, there was smoke billowing out of it and it took us far too long to notice. Actually, I suppose they were more like crepes. But the nature of griddle cake is immaterial; they were delicious. We put ice cream in them, and toffee syrup, and raspberries and bananas.

Spent all day painting and coloring and collaging on Lucy's bed. We snacked and watched Manhattan, and a little bit of Ferris Bueller, and Shaun joined us eventually, but he just kind of withered onto the bed and then disappeared into the pillows, and we ultimately left him to play and nap and do suspicious things in Lucy's room while we dined at the J-Mac and got down to Biggie in my room. When we got back to her room he was sitting on the floor drawing a picture of Woody Allen, which he quickly rolled up and refused to show us; it must have been pretty bad. I got under Lucy's covers and Shaun dumped a cardboard bucket filled with Cadbury chocolate all over me, and then I tried to protest going out, but finally we all pushed ourselves out the door to go for drinks. Because drinking is an essential slice of the everyday pie. (I don't really know what I mean by that.) After about two drinks we all began to nod off a little. I think I was slurring my words. I made the lame and unnecessary comment, 'Can you imagine if we all fell asleep in the Brass Monkey?'. We were home by 10:30 at the most.

I should note that, on the way to the bar, we walked past this wall/dumpster area that we oft pass in the night, and thus this wonderful cat that's always prowling about the vicinity. Seriously, this cat is great. A real pedigree animal; shiny black coat with soft-looking white paws and nose and eye. He has big cartoon eyes, with which he stares neither menacingly nor suspiciously. He is just a decently mischievous nighttime cat, who loves us, and who I think wants to hang around and move in with us in September.

Listening to some super great music lately, t'is been the week of super great music. Bon Iver! Bon fucking Iver. Who knew.

No comments: