Sunday 30 November 2008

"What happens when greatness does not occur?"

I will post in this regularly. Else, what's the point?

The past few weeks have been fairly eventful. There was work, and then there was significantly less work. There were lots of sunny days, a couple rainy ones. There was Ridhima's birthday. She bought everyone shots of tequila, and we danced our little hearts out to terrible music. It snowed that night, when we were walking home. I munched on falafel and watched my friends throw snowballs at each other, scampering around the desolate, white streets like little kids meant to be home sleeping. Yes, lots of tequila that weekend. My parents visited for Thanksgiving. It was nice, but strange seeing them; I can't really imagine what it's going to be like to go home for break after living on my own, making my own rules, single-handedly bringing about my own tragic demise for a couple months now. Ridhima and Shaun came to Thanksgiving dinner. I ate partridge, or attempted to. It was a wrestling match of sorts, and I'm not so sure that I conquered much on my plate besides the vegetables. It was completely surreal. I wish there were pictures. Bought a fedora. Some fabulous gun-metal gray oxfords..

I'm very much looking forward to going home for Christmas break, although seeing my parents has admittedly made me a bit anxious about it. I wish there was some way we could all just accept each other and get off each other's backs. I want to have fun over break, not conflict--that's what I'm putting on my Christmas list, anyway. I'm so looking forward to seeing all my wonderful friends. I miss their faces every day.

Tomorrow I have an oral exam, for French, which is going to be predictably nightmarish. I'm anything but fluent under pressure; I doubt there will be much noticeable difference between myself and a stammering donkey come the dawning hour of 4:30. However, after that, I'll have a grand evening of smoking and munching and drinking and just being a decadent motherfucker.


No comments: