Tuesday 14 October 2008

"Life is just a short period of time in which you are alive."

Not much is new in terms of schoolin'. Lots of boring poetry lectures and crap art history lectures and more down time than I know what to do with and more walking than I could ever want to do with. At least we found pot, after a long, weary search; it is a strangely unpopular substance here, here in Land of the Shitty Hash. The other night I watched Kingpin on the really nice television in Ridhima's pantry with Russell and Charlie. That was a lot of fun, and probably the highlight of my weekend, as it was the first completely non-boring night I've had here thus far, i.e. it didn't involve sitting around aimlessly in an anonymous pantry nursing a flat beer, gazing upon the remnants of parties long past. I forgot how much I enjoy just lounging around and watching a good movie with a group of friends who all laugh at the funny parts--I watch far too many serious movies. From now on, I only want to watch movies in which people laugh and laugh often.
Tomorrow's my day off, which isn't saying much, as I really don't do much on my days on, but I suspect I will sleep until around noon, whenceforth I shall emerge, ripe and strong and healthful from the covers, and attempt to salvage the day by running a slew of tiring errands. I've consumed three bottles of orange juice in the past twelve hours--I'm determined to get healthy, shake this cough, stop this smoking (at least until the cough ups and gets out of my lungs), eat some real food, and, on the whole, just not feel as much like shit all the fucking time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather than giving up smoking completely when wrestling with a cough. Might I recommend switching from normal strength cigarettes to lights. [Hasn't] Worked for me.